Friday, January 22, 2010

things to send me

hey folks -

just got my box from the Howards and Watkins. AWESOME i was just looking for peanut butter. =) thanks so much!

also got my ipod from sean. also awesome. =)

for those of you still looking to send me things, when i say "things i can add to water" this also includes drinks, like powdered gatorade or crystal light. crosswords - my favorite. please, pick moderate to easy books b/c i don't have a thesaurus.

also, if you wait a few more weeks (genna) i will FINALLY have a mail box close to my site.


so, real news.
Tomorrow I will go to my first Rwandan wedding. It's kind of a PR move because this is the wedding for the Secratery of my Sector. (sector = 3rd largest political region, secretary = director of the region)
I have been keeping busy this week with data entry. my choice. =) I remembered on Monday that my Head Teacher has a laptop for the school and that he said I could use it. I am currently organizing the lessons in the English textbooks that appear to be at every school by Grammer piece, writing skill, topic, and grade level. When I finish, I will email it to all the other PCVs. I walk 40 minutes in the morning to the nearest town on the main road and then another 10 minutes up a hill to an elementary school that has electricity. A teacher unlocks a room for me and I sit inside while children huddle at the windows staring at me. I have perfected enough of my language to ask them what they want, explain that I have work to do and would they please leave. I have to say please in french because they don't have a word for it in KR.
Apparently this school is right next to the World Vision office where Bosco works, so that's pretty awesome. We took lunch together yesterday.

Jen posted some pictures for me. hopefully you all got the link. email me if you didn't...

thanks to those of you who write me emails and letters etc. they really brighten up my day and i promise i am NOT bored by your lives.

love you all!

1 comment:

Maja K said...

Sounds like you have found a satisfying way to spend your time until school starts. I'm sure the other PCVs will appreciate your choice! Thanks for listing their blogs. I LIKE PICTURES!! especially of you!
Love you,
Mom